Mental Health Mates

• Events Home
  • Add Event

Sunday, October 20th

Event Summary

I have taken inspiration from the amazing @Bryony Gordon to organise Cornwall's first 'Mental Health Mates' walk in Cardinham Woods on Sunday 20th October at 11am. In short, Bryony Gordon is a Telegraph journalist, author and mental health campaigner. She has spoken to the likes of Prince Harry, Mel C, Matt Haig, Sue Baker and MANY more about their own individual struggles with mental health. Bryony has set up a scheme to encourage the gathering of people who feel they are alone and don't have a 'We' - called Mental Health Mates - to walk and talk. Anyone can volunteer to set one up, so I have volunteered to set one up for Cornwall as there currently isn't any here, and that needs to change! So, I would love for anyone to join this (free) walk - to find your 'we' and be among a safe and open environment where discussions about mental health are encouraged. There's no RSVP needed, just save the date if you can make it and we will all meet at the 'Woods Cafe' (woodscafe.co.uk) in Cardinham Woods at 11am on Sunday 20th October before setting off for a gentle walk around the beautiful trails.

Price: free

Venue

Cardinham Woods
Bodmin
Pl30 4al

More details for this venue

Dates

The event runs from 11:00am to 12:00pm on the following dates.
Select a date to add this event to your calendar app.

Listen Live
On Air Now Chilled Vibes 7:00PM - Midnight
Now Playing Bastille

Things We Lost In The Fire (Abbey Road Mix)